Anyone who knows me, knows that I am pretty much always late. Unless it is a doctors appointment or something important, you can expect me to roll in 20-30 minutes late to everything. As a mom of a toddler, our days are busy. If we schedule other things, it just seems to mess us up. So in no particular order, here are 10 reasons why I am always late:
1. My toddler refused to let me dress her because she can do it herself. 15 minutes of putting both legs into the same shorts hole upside down, 10 more minutes trying to get her head through an arm hole… Ya know, she can do it herself.
2. I can’t get my own shit together. Nope, I’m still in my underwear. Why wear clothes when it just gives me more to wash later on?
3. I have too much to do. There is ALWAYS laundry, cleaning, errands I have popping up… My husband calls, “‘oh, you’re about to leave on time to do something?’ Well I need you to do this…”
4. I don’t really want to go. I’ll piddle around and hope to forget about it on purpose, but I don’t forget so now we have to hurry up and get ready to go.
5. I really DID forget. Not on purpose…
6. My daughter insists on getting herself into the truck and buckled into her seat. Only once she gets up, she sees the water bottle from yesterday that she NEEDS or the socks she took off that she MUST have before sitting down.
7. We were on time, but my daughter fell asleep in the truck 5 minutes before getting there. So now we are sitting in the truck, napping it out. EVERY. TIME.
8. It’s raining. I live in Florida, no explanation needed.
9. I stopped at Starbucks on the way.
10. I forgot to pack snacks/waters so I am doing it at the last minute.
What else would you add to the list?